I am a volunteer for Pitty Love Rescue. We are a registered non profit organization as well as the biggest pitbull and pitbull mix specific rescue here in Rochester, NY. We are always accepting applications for foster families and are in current need for responsible individuals willing to provide a loving home to our rescues.
We are here to support our fosters and provide all vet and training resources for the dogs! We want to see these dogs succeed so there are commitments you will be expected to do. Fosters for our organization duties entail:
- Fosters need to live in the Rochester, NY area. We do this so that we can have someone available to you if an emergency arises. Our vet and trainers are located in the Rochester area as well.
- Must provide a safe environment for the dog(s). NO HOUSES WITH INVISIBLE FENCES. If you have other dogs please understand that you may have to crate and rotate as well as feed animals separately, keep toys off the ground, ect. Dogs are ALWAYS expected to be supervised while outside and ALWAYS on a leash while outside of the house and/or around strangers and children. NO DOG PARKS.
- Fosters are expected to feed the rescues a high quaility kibble (no purina, puppy chow, iams- any food with grain or fillers as the first ingredient) or a raw diet as we feel diet and nutrition for our rescues is vital to their health.
- Fosters are responsible for getting the dog(s) to all scheduled vet appointments.
- Fosters are expected to attend as many adoption events as possible. If you are unable to attend, you will be expected to see if another volunteer can get the dog to the event.
- Training for our dogs is crucial. We take our dogs to Tails of Success for training so that they are confident and stress free, happy dogs. Taking your dog to as many training classes when we have them is crucial in increasing your foster’s chances of getting a forever home. Training is every other Sunday as well as sporadic training sessions. Once again, if you cannot make it to training, you will be expected to make other arrangements with another foster/volunteer.
- Fosters are expected to maintain constant contact with the rescue. We’re here to support you in any way that we can to ensure the dog(s) success.
If you are interested in fostering or volunteering, the applications can be found here. We hope to hear from you!
(submitted by veneravmehah)
07/11/12 at 11:14pm